Monday 7 January 2013

A good start to 2013!


Well despite a shocking busy few days in work, and a lot of post-Christmas activates, I still managed to get a bit of work done on the book / books.

The big news is I have taken a big step toward getting the paperback version of Haldred Chronicles:Alyssa sorted by sending the required documents to the IRS in America.  Hopefully by now those documents have got to the US and are being processed.  I don’t know when the processing will be complete, but once done I’ll have a tax code and so be able to finish the set up of the book on Createspace.com.

Then we got ourselves a paperback version.  Happy days!

As well as this, Twitter work has received a boost.  ‘Alyssa’ is now being advertised by a very nice advertising company called Kindle Book Promotor, who are putting the word out much better than I have been. I’m still not convinced Twitter is the most wonderful of social mediums but it’s getting there.

I now have 7 reviews of ‘Alyssa’ on Amazon.co.uk which is just fantastic.  To those who have put up reviews, again, thank you so much for taking the time to help out. It’s really appreciated.  Plus pretty much every review has asked about a sequel.

The sequel, Haldred Chronicles:Kalla, is coming along nicely.  9500 words done and it’s only the start of January.  I am very pleased with progress.  If I can keep up the pace I should definitely have the first draft done by the end of the month, as was originally planned.

A darn good start to 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment